Today was Kaitlyn’s birthday! We celebrated all the December birthdays before we left. Still we felt a bit bad for her we couldn’t recognize the occasion a bit more. Betty did go the mall her with her for a little bit. One of Daddy’s girls is now 14. Wow – where does the time go!? Happy Birthday sweetheart. She did hear from a couple of friends back home to wish her Happy Birthday. Thanks Morgan, Rebecca, Bailey, Jess, Lizzy, Irma and Nancy
Today we took a long walk, met up with the Rimers (family from MO adopting a sibling group of 5) and went to the park. On the way home we stopped and ate at a McDonalds with an indoor playland.
We are constantly reminded that God is so great and His mercy so abundant. He shows us that he has a plan for us and is guiding us through this every step of the way. We are so anxious to get home, but also understanding His plan is perfect for His glory and good purpose. This morning, I was reading from Mark and finished at Chapter 9 verse 37. I wept and was unable to go on. I wept because I am such an unworthy man to be blessed by God at all, and yet he reaches out to me from His word with such encouragement and a time of such need for that encouragement. He continues to bless us as parents and as a family even in light of our shortcomings and failures. All I can do is praise His Holy name and remain in awe of His Majesty and uncomprehendible love.
For those following us back in the states , we appreciate your thoughts and prayers. We are enjoying the climate down here- today it was in the mid 60’s. I don’t think we have worn a jacket more than once. We have kept tabs on the weather back home and know we will FREEZE when we get back. The pictures today are of our outing to the park, and the McDonalds playland. As we wait on the court, we will eventually make a post of the city of Bogotá itself. We also plan to take pictures of the flowers in bloom here- even though it is “Winter” here, there are blossoms everywhere. I tried today to just read and share John 3:16 in Spanish with the kids. No funny looks today, but I think they might have tuned me out. Yeisson said he understood when I asked him at the end. We must remember it is the Lord’s timing on when He brings them unto Himself. We will faithfully sow the seeds and trust that God will bring in the harvest .The internet in the Hotel is down last night and we had to post on 5 Dec.
God bless you and let us here from you.
Jim and Betty
Today we took a long walk, met up with the Rimers (family from MO adopting a sibling group of 5) and went to the park. On the way home we stopped and ate at a McDonalds with an indoor playland.
We are constantly reminded that God is so great and His mercy so abundant. He shows us that he has a plan for us and is guiding us through this every step of the way. We are so anxious to get home, but also understanding His plan is perfect for His glory and good purpose. This morning, I was reading from Mark and finished at Chapter 9 verse 37. I wept and was unable to go on. I wept because I am such an unworthy man to be blessed by God at all, and yet he reaches out to me from His word with such encouragement and a time of such need for that encouragement. He continues to bless us as parents and as a family even in light of our shortcomings and failures. All I can do is praise His Holy name and remain in awe of His Majesty and uncomprehendible love.
For those following us back in the states , we appreciate your thoughts and prayers. We are enjoying the climate down here- today it was in the mid 60’s. I don’t think we have worn a jacket more than once. We have kept tabs on the weather back home and know we will FREEZE when we get back. The pictures today are of our outing to the park, and the McDonalds playland. As we wait on the court, we will eventually make a post of the city of Bogotá itself. We also plan to take pictures of the flowers in bloom here- even though it is “Winter” here, there are blossoms everywhere. I tried today to just read and share John 3:16 in Spanish with the kids. No funny looks today, but I think they might have tuned me out. Yeisson said he understood when I asked him at the end. We must remember it is the Lord’s timing on when He brings them unto Himself. We will faithfully sow the seeds and trust that God will bring in the harvest .The internet in the Hotel is down last night and we had to post on 5 Dec.
God bless you and let us here from you.
Jim and Betty
3 comments:
I can't wait to see pics of the flowers!
Glad things are going well with the kiddos!
I pray for God to intersect you all with some English speaking ppl to help pass time away...
Praying for a quick move in the court system!
AND FELIZ CUMPLEANOS! KAITLYN! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Happy birthday sweet Kaitlyn (a few days late) - from the Emery girls (Hannah, Megan, Grace and Mrs. Emery, too!).
You all have a beautiful family...the three new additions fit in like little stair steps! Eager for you all to get home so we can meet them too! I will continue to pray for a quick court date and a speedy return to the states and English! ;o)
Blessings and hugs,
Tracy
Post a Comment