Last night after we posted, we were doing some reading aloud as a family. We are reading and advent season read along story called Barthalamew's Passage. The new guys have been very patient to listen. At the end last night, I tried something new. I have a Bible that has English and Spanish (thanks Keeley's and Dugans). I read 10 verses from Mark in English and then gave the same 10 verses a shot in Spanish. It must have been really bad. I was doing my best to read it in Spanish and it was obvious by the great facial expressions from Yeisson that my pronunciation must have been REALLY bad, based on the descriptions of the faces from Betty and Kaitlyn. Oh- well gotta try to share Christ as best I can. After all I have been laughed at plenty, so why let a few faces deter me!! :-)
Today was a mile stone in that Tatiana quit ignoring Ashley and they began to play. Tatiana started reorganizing the toys in the suitcase and Ashley sat down to help. They ended up completely redoing it twice. After that they spent about an hour going around hand in hand playing- nobody but Tatiana knows what they were playing, but they had a lot of fun together. By the time they were finished all 6 of the youngest guys were playing together. It is going to take some time, but all the right signs are there that we will grow together as a family. God is so great.
Please continue to lift us up in prayer. We ask your prayer that the court date will come soon. All things are possible in Christ and He shows us this daily. We continue to rely on Him and your prayers. Our lap top is our lifeline to all of you, please let us hear from you.
The photo today is of Ashley and Tatiana organizing the toys.
God Bless,
Jim and Betty
5 comments:
Jim & Betty,
I was given your website by the Hagerty's. I am not sure if many on the Yahoo group have it. If you'd like I would post it there, and remind others to be praying with you. I know during our stay what got us through was knowing there were so many praying for us back home. We did not have internet access in Florencia though, so it was difficult.
Anyways, I am able to check your blog at work, but for some reason it won't let me comment. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. You both are super awesome people!
Please let us know how to pray and may the Lord open doors that will allow you to come home quickly.
Email me or post if you'd like me to forward your blog address to those in the CHI Prayer chat and Yahoo board. Those group of parents or prospective parents are a great source of encouragement!
Much love from Mississippi!
I am so thankful that things are going so well for the family and that the bonds are forming. Will keep praying for that early court date.
It has been wonderful to see the kids in the pictures you have posted. Hope to meet them in person soon.
Dear Wendy and Benjamin,
Thanks so much for your comment on our blog last night. It is such an encouragement to know you guys are praying for us. Yes it is fine if you want to link us to the Yahoo page you mentioned- as you know from your trip down here all encouragement and prayer is appreciated. We are not able to e-mail you as you suggested as we do not have your e-mail address. We would be glad to be in e-mail contact with you if your want to share an address with us. The one we are using while we are down here is: eight.is.not.enough@gmail.com
Please keep us in your prayers as you know it gets kind of lonely and boring down here once you start waiting for the court date.
God bless you and your family.
Jim and Betty
Jim, Betty and Gang! Hello there, we are the Hollis family, we also adopted from Colombia and were given your blog by Wendi from the Yahoo group.
I just read your entire blog, your life story has blessed me. You all are very much in our prayers. We will be praying for a speedy return home and for much bonding to take place between siblings while you are there. You are so richly blessed.
I will be checking in daily on updates and praying for you. Looks like God has richly blessed your lives with some wonderful children.
Blessings
Beth
Jim, Betty and Family,
This is an amazing story! Thank you so much for sharing it with the rest of us. As you can see, those of us who have spent our time in Colombia have a heart for the Lord, Colombia, and the children that God has provided us through this amazing process. You are a true testament to the sustaining grace and peace of the Lord Jesus. 11 ninos...WOW!
We, as well, will be praying for you and the waiting process. May the Lord bless you and keep and make HIS face shine upon you!
Blessings,
The Duewel Family
Post a Comment