So much to write about tonight! Our hotel takes us on an outing every Friday.
Today we went to a small museum of Natural History. We got to hear an abbreviated
version of evolution in Spanish. Then
again, I didn't need a tour guide to enjoy the displays of the wonders of God's
creation here in Colombia. The biodiversity He spoke into existence here is more remarkable than anywhere I have ever
experienced. Really enjoyed the museum.
Then we had lunch is a small cafeteria there. I had about half an hour to share with Yolanda
my faith in Christ , and the many ways God has worked in our lives over the
course of these three adoptions. I think God used this testimony to touch her
heart. After that Yolanda, our host,
took us into the children's section of the library that was in the same
building as the museum. She came and told me that Jose had asked the librarian to show him where to find
the books about God! She said she was impressed with how the children were
doing with us. Gave me a chance to talk to her about there being nothing
special about us, but rather is was about God who is in us. People down here cannot
fathom the concept of 15 children, we keep using this to point to the great God
whom we serve and what he can do with a willing heart. Pictures tonight include
one of Jose and the first book he picked out today.
We were watching a movie tonight and Anyi tells me about a
friend from the orphanage who was bitten severely on the head by a dog.
she obviously had very positive feelings and memories about the time at
the orphanage. I did a quick search for
a utube video Betty and I had watched when we learned the name of the orphanage
several months ago. I found the video and we watched it together. A couple of minutes into the video she got
very excited "mi hermano, mi hermano Hamilton" I did a rewind and then paused. The video had
Hamilton playing soccer when he was 11 yrs old. This is the same older brother
Betty and I met who we wrote about several days ago. So then we rolled the
video again, and Anyi is naming all the people in the video . Then she tells me
it is me it is me! there was a clip of
several girls sitting on a floor clapping and singing. I pause and sure enough
there was my Anyi! She said she was 6 in the video. Facial feature told me - absolutely
my Anyi! She told me many things about the people in the video- always with a
sparkle in her eyes. She was obviously very well cared for there and has good
memories of her friends. Probably a dumb
thing to do, but I google translated and asked her if she was happier to be in
a family now. Much to my relief, I got a
very enthusiastic YES!!! The patriarch of the orphanage was the daughter of the
founder of the orphanage. was in he 80s or 090s in the video. Clearly LOVED by
everyone in the video, and she clearly has a special place in Anyi's
heart. Then Anyi told me she went to be
in heaven a few months ago, on a Sunday.
We will somehow copy this video for them when we get home. If there is
anyone out there that God burdens to raise up support for an orphanage- I have
a recommendation. Oscar Scarpetta
Orphanage in Cali.
We continue to covet your prayers. Likewise I pray God's
blessing on you.
Jim
2 comments:
So thankful for your heart to share the Message of love, hope and salvation!
Isaiah 52:7 NLT
How beautiful on the mountains
are the feet of the messenger who brings good news,
the good news of peace and salvation,the news that the God of Israel reigns!
Looks like you all are having fun!!!
Post a Comment